- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salsa and guacamole
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, chilies, onions, pepper sauce and seasonings.
- 2. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Cut into nine rectangles.
- 3. Place 2 tablespoons filling across the center of each rectangle. Brush edges of pastry with water and roll pastry around filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake.
- 4. Place pastries on a lightly greased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush tops with egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.