Chick-n-Rice Soup Recipe
From Freeport, Michigan, Sara Nelson notes, “The ladies of a church I attended years ago served this hearty crowd-pleaser on many occasions. It’s a very satisfying soup!” It also makes a family-pleasing main dish for a weeknight meal.
- 8 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, celery and carrots to a boil. Stir in the chicken, rice mix and bouillon. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Chick-n-Rice Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC