From Freeport, Michigan, Sara Nelson notes, “The ladies of a church I attended years ago served this hearty crowd-pleaser on many occasions. It’s a very satisfying soup!” It also makes a family-pleasing main dish for a weeknight meal.
- 8 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- In a large saucepan, bring water, celery and carrots to a boil. Stir in the chicken, rice mix and bouillon. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chick-n-Rice Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p26
Reviews for Chick-n-Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review