- dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add remaining flour to
- form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 11-in.
- circle. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased
- 10-in. ovenproof skillets. Sprinkle each with 2 cups mozzarella
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and
- seasonings. Spoon 1-1/2 cups over each pizza. Layer each with half
- of the sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, 1 cup mozzarella and 2
- tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes
- longer or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Editor's Note: Two 9-in. springform pans may be used in place of the skillet. Place pans on baking sheets. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing sides.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 384 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.