Chicago-Style Beef Rolls Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 sourdough rolls, split
- Sliced pepperoncini and pickled red pepper rings, optional
- 1. Brown roast in oil on all sides in a large skillet; drain. Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, dressing mix, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes in a large bowl; pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/2 cup on each roll, using a slotted spoon. Serve with pepperoncini and pepper rings if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without pepperoncini and peppers): 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chicago-Style Beef Rolls
"These were good. Pepperoncini and pepper rings were essential to the flavor of the sandwich."