Chicago-Style Beef Rolls Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 sourdough rolls, split
- Sliced pepperoncini and pickled red pepper rings, optional
- Brown roast in oil on all sides in a large skillet; drain. Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, dressing mix, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes in a large bowl; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/2 cup on each roll, using a slotted spoon. Serve with pepperoncini and pepper rings if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chicago-Style Beef Rolls(2)
Sort By :
These were good. Pepperoncini and pepper rings were essential to the flavor of the sandwich.
These were really delicious and full of flavor. I used a sirloin tip roast so that the juices would be less greasy/fatty. I added some Worcestershire sauce, a bay leaf and fresh ground black pepper.I upped the garlic to 6 cloves. I refrigerated the cooking juices for a few hours after cooking the roast, to bring the fat to the top to make it easier for skimming off. Then I added the shredded roast back to the juices and heated through for a few hours. I served these on toasted hoagie rolls with melted Muenster cheese and sliced pepperoncinis. Great recipe for beef sandwiches!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >