My cookies get coated with sugar, spice and everything nice! They turn out soft on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside, the dough is easy to work with and they taste fantastic. What more could you ask for in a cookie? —Ashley Wisniewski, Champaign, Illinois
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until blended. Beat in the egg, agave nectar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Chewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2015
"Did you use the white whole wheat flour or regular ww? I'd think it would make a huge difference if you didn't use the white whole wheat flour or a blend of white and whole wheat."
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"I attempted this recipe today, and the dough was all crumbly.Is there a missing liquid aspect to this recipe? I have never had a mixture that looked like this before. I used whole wheat flour.Thanks for your help!"