My cookies get coated with sugar, spice and everything nice! They turn out soft on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside, the dough is easy to work with and they taste fantastic. What more could you ask for in a cookie? —Ashley Wisniewski, Champaign, Illinois
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until blended. Beat in the egg, agave nectar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Chewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"I attempted this recipe today, and the dough was all crumbly.Is there a missing liquid aspect to this recipe? I have never had a mixture that looked like this before. I used whole wheat flour.Thanks for your help!"