Chewy Walnut Pan Bars
These rich nutty bars from Tori Dunton are so tasty, we doubled her recipe to serve a crowd! "Our family has been making these yummy treats for years," writes the Acme, Pennsylvania cook. "We especially like to eat them with a dish of vanilla ice cream.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until bars pull away from edges of the pan. Cool on
- a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe contains no butter or shortening.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.