Chewy Tangerine Cookies Recipe
This recipe represents my Scandinavian heritage. The blend of spices and hint of tangerine have made these cookies a favorite to serve with a mug of hot coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Beat in egg and tangerine peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 77 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Tangerine Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC