Chewy Surprise Cookies Recipe
"With four daughters, six grandchildren and one great-grandchild, I've baked lots of cookies," notes Lavon Timken of Cimmaron, Kansas. "This recipe is one of my favorites."
- 1-1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1-1/2 cups sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape 4 teaspoons of dough around each Milk Dud so it is completely covered. Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 230 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Surprise Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC