- 1-1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1-1/2 cups sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape 4 teaspoons of dough around each Milk Dud so it is completely covered. Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Surprise Cookies
Sort By :
I am not sure why my stars didn't show up the first time, but they are 5 star cookies!!
Awesomely addicting! These were a big hit!
The menfolk of our house said they couldn?t find one fault with the cookies after demolishing all cookies straight from the pan) The dough can chill overnight and makes a lot. I actually had to use halved mini snickers for the rest of the batch because there weren?t enough milk duds. Even mini peanut butter cups or other chocolate candies would work. Use your imagination and have fun!!! They are addicting!
One of the best cookie recipes ever!!! Will make this again for sure. Yummy!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Cookies >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >