Chewy Spice Cookies Recipe
This recipes fits the needs of those with special dietary restrictions and still delivers full flavor.—Leah Peterson, Ashland, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC