Chewy Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chewy Spice Cookies
"taste was way to strong and not good taste."
"These start out soft like a typical applesauce cookie but then get chewier as you eat them. They were okay."
"Delicious! I have been searching for a healthy alternative to another TOH spice cookie that we've always loved. This is it. I was concerned with how runny the batter was however, so I added an additional 3/4 cup of flour to make a stiffer dough."