Chewy Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Spice Cookies
"taste was way to strong and not good taste."
"These start out soft like a typical applesauce cookie but then get chewier as you eat them. They were okay."
"Delicious! I have been searching for a healthy alternative to another TOH spice cookie that we've always loved. This is it. I was concerned with how runny the batter was however, so I added an additional 3/4 cup of flour to make a stiffer dough."