- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Spice Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p44
Reviews for Chewy Spice Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
taste was way to strong and not good taste.
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
These start out soft like a typical applesauce cookie but then get chewier as you eat them. They were okay.