- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Spice Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p44
Reviews for Chewy Spice Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
"taste was way to strong and not good taste."
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
"These start out soft like a typical applesauce cookie but then get chewier as you eat them. They were okay."