Chewy Raisin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1. In a food processor, combine the raisins, water, egg whites and molasses. Cover and process for 10-15 seconds or until the raisins are finely chopped.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, milk powder, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to raisin mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 44 cookies.
One cookie equals 77 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Chewy Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
"I didn't bother processing the initial ingredients to get "finely chopped raisins" - seems to me the whole raisins are the best part of these kinds of cookies. They were just fine this way. On the whole, the cookies are a bit dense, and remain in the "drop" cookie shape - they don't spread like other cookies. I used old fashioned oatmeal also (quick cook oatmeal is just old-fashioned that has been chopped up). My husband thought they were great, especially since they're lo-cal and don't have cholesterol (he's watching his). They were too sweet for me, with the 2 cups of sugar plus 1 T of molassas, but in general the flavor was nice. I'll keep this recipe and cut some of the sugar next time."