"The first time I made these sweet chewy cookies, I didn't tell my family they were low in fat," says Julie Hauser of Sheridan, California. "Their reaction when they found out? 'No way!'"
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a food processor, combine the raisins, water, egg whites and molasses. Cover and process for 10-15 seconds or until the raisins are finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, milk powder, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to raisin mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 44 cookies.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p17
Reviews for Chewy Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review