Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place raisins in a bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 150 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies
"I've been using this exact recipe since the late 1960's. The recipe was on a well-known brand's box of raisins. Everyone loves this very flavorful chewy cookie. The molasses truly are the secret ingredient."
"Have made these several times!They ARE GREAT! One of my Favorites!"