Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies Recipe
Molasses adds a little more flavor to a traditional oatmeal raisin cookie. My husband loves the soft and chewy texture of these cookies. The recipe is from his mother.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place raisins in a bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC