Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies Recipe
Molasses adds a little more flavor to a traditional oatmeal raisin cookie. My husband loves the soft and chewy texture of these cookies. The recipe is from his mother.
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place raisins in a bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p37
Reviews for Chewy Raisin Molasses Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2012
Have made these several times!
They ARE GREAT! One of my Favorites!