Chewy Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, and he suggested I send it in to your contest. I've been making it for many years.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven; immediately dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC