Chewy Pecan Pie Bars
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, and he suggested I send it in to your contest. I've been making it for many years.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large
- bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and
- salt; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven; immediately
- dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.