Chewy Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour butter into a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine next six ingredients; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter.
- 2. Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven. If desired, immediately dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 180 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Pie Bars
"easy recipe, but way too sweet for us. I doubt that I will be making these again. I don't know if the recipe would work with less sugar, but these were way too sweet."
"These are superb! I had another recipe that called for waaay too much flour and was such a disappointment after making them. But this recipe is the one I'll make from here out."
"Baked in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats how long did you bake them and did you butter each mini muffing tin or did you use a non-stick sprayer"
"I used 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup regular and these turned out so YUMMY!!!"
"Yummy! One bowl preparation and excellent dessert for any event. A five star recipe!"
"When I make a pan of these for family events, it is one of the first plates cleaned."
"Wish I'd seen the suggestion to add coconut and chocolate chips before I made them -- they needed something. They were just ok."
"I have made this several times and each time it is a big hit with family and friends. Made it at a 4th of July party and it was the most eaten dessert. And it is simple and fast to make."
"I've added coconut & chocolate chips and baked in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats."
"This was SO delicious and easy to make. Hubby loved it and so did our friends. Will make this over and over. "