- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven; immediately dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Pie Bars
"These are superb! I had another recipe that called for waaay too much flour and was such a disappointment after making them. But this recipe is the one I'll make from here out."
"I made them for a cookie exchange. Everybody LOVED them! My friend said they were better than chocolate!"
"Baked in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats how long did you bake them and did you butter each mini muffing tin or did you use a non-stick sprayer"
"I used 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup regular and these turned out so YUMMY!!!"
"Yummy! One bowl preparation and excellent dessert for any event. A five star recipe!"