Chewy Pecan Drops Recipe
The cherry center gives a festive look to my nutty cookies. They're easy to make and take to holiday gatherings.
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pecans, flour and 1 cup sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla and half of the flour mixture. Fold in remaining flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with a cherry piece. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely before removing from pans. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 79 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Drops
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC