- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, flour and 1 cup sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla and half of the flour mixture. Fold in remaining flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with a cherry piece. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely before removing from pans. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Pecan Drops in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p34
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Drops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review