Chewy Pecan Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal cookies were always my son's favorite when he was small. I wanted to send him some recently, but I couldn't find the recipe. So, I got out the ingredients and made my own. My family thought they were the best I've ever made! The pecans add a real Southern touch. —Janice Jackson, Haleyville, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pie spice; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts; mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC