Chewy Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 120 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Bars
"Very Good! easy to make. Everyone loves it."
"FABULOUS!!! This recipe used to be on allrecipes.com, glad I found it again. Nice not to have the 'goo' around pecans for a change."
"WONDERFULBETTER THAN PECAN pieELEANOR OF WICHITA, KS."