Chewy Pecan Bars Recipe
A friend from Texas gave me this recipe years ago. Because it's so easy to make, I've relied on it quite often.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC