- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Pecan Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p84
Reviews for Chewy Pecan Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2016
"Very Good! easy to make. Everyone loves it."
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2015
"FABULOUS!!! This recipe used to be on allrecipes.com, glad I found it again. Nice not to have the 'goo' around pecans for a change."
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2008
"WONDERFULBETTER THAN PECAN pieELEANOR OF WICHITA, KS."