Chewy Peanut Butter Chip Bars Recipe
"These yummy bars are great for lunches and bake sales, yet use only ordinary kitchen staples," remarks Beverly Swihart of Marion, Ohio.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with marshmallows return to oven just until marshmallows begin to puff, about 2 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, combine corn syrup, butter, chips and vanilla in a large saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Evenly spread warm topping over marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC