Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
I've prepared lots of pies, cookies, bars and cakes to share at family gatherings and church potlucks. These chewy brownies are one of my favorite treats.—Nick Welty, Smithville, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture just until
- blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.