I've prepared lots of pies, cookies, bars and cakes to share at family gatherings and church potlucks. These chewy brownies are one of my favorite treats.—Nick Welty, Smithville, Ohio
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Brownies in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p47
Reviews for Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review