Chewy Peanut Butter Bars
This recipe combines three of my favorite foodspeanut butter, coconut and chocolateinto one mouthwatering dessert. It's very rich and filling, so a small piece usually satisfies even a real sweet tooth.Mrs. Sanford Wickham, Holbrook, Nebraska
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter until mixture
- is crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and
- salt until smooth. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour over
- crust. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on
- a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.