- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and salt until smooth. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Peanut Butter Bars
"I recall making these bars and I'd added 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats and increased the amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips to 1 cup, plus I added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour! I greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan. I recall keeping the baking time at 15 minutes forthe crust and 15 to 20 minutes for the bars. This is another recipe which has been a tasty addition to the TOH recipes I've used! Thank you for sharing your recipe! delowenstein"