Chewy Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and salt until smooth. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Peanut Butter Bars(3)
Sort By :
I recall making these bars and I'd added 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats and increased the amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips to 1 cup, plus I added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour! I greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan. I recall keeping the baking time at 15 minutes for
the crust and 15 to 20 minutes for the bars. This is another recipe which has been a tasty addition to the TOH recipes I've used! Thank you for sharing your recipe! delowenstein
Flavor seemed ok, but I baked it for over an hour and it never cooked all the way through...although the top got really REALLY brown. Yuck.
I substituted Reese's baking pieces for the chocolate chips. They turned out great! The bars are thin so if you like a thicker crust I would recommend doubling the crust ingredients.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Bars >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >