Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
"Even picky preschoolers, like my son, devour these wholesome treats sprinkled with cinnamon and packed with raisins," assures Trina Boitnott of Boones Mill, Virginia. "Washed down with a glass of juice or milk, the cookies are also great as an on-the-go breakfast."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:15 servings
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, water, egg white and vanilla. Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.
- 2. Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 cookies.
1 cookie equals 144 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC