"Even picky preschoolers, like my son, devour these wholesome treats sprinkled with cinnamon and packed with raisins," assures Trina Boitnott of Boones Mill, Virginia. "Washed down with a glass of juice or milk, the cookies are also great as an on-the-go breakfast."
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, water, egg white and vanilla. Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 cookies.
Originally published as Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p55
Reviews for Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review