I packed chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and cinnamon into my recipe. These cookies are easy to make. Best of all, our kids love them! —Janis Plageman, Lynden, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Oatmeal Cookies in Country Woman September/October 1995, p10
Reviews for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review