- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"This recipie was horrible!!! Cookies were flat and unapealing. I gave it 1 stare because i had to ."
"The cookies were much more than I expected in the since of being exceptional. My family loved them! The only change I made was by taking the advise of the other reviewers and adding a little bit more flour. I added about 1/4 additional flour. Like I said the cookies were amazing! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!"
"If you want to bake without chips in- you'll need to add 1/4 a cup of oats and 1/2 a cup of flour, plus 1 tablespoon more.(or more flour, if you feel you need it) Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes. Bake up nice and soft and slightly puffy! If you don't, they'll be flat and runny."
"My daughter asked for oatmeal cookies this Christmas, so I'm glad I found this recipe. I have found that chilling cookie dough before baking helps with spreading. May want to try that with this recipe."