- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"Chewy and delicious!"
"These are one of my most favorite cookies! They are soft and chewy and use REAL butter, which I like as well. The combination of raisins, pecans and chocolate chips make the cookies extra delicious. I highly recommend these cookies."
"I am "seasoned" baker, but this recipe was missing the taste. Maybe some cinnamon? Didn't taste like anything. Besides that, they came out flat after leaving them in the refrigerator overnight and then bringing them to room temp. I left out the chocolate chips and instead used raisins. What a waste of ingredients."
"This recipie was horrible!!! Cookies were flat and unapealing. I gave it 1 stare because i had to ."
"The cookies were much more than I expected in the since of being exceptional. My family loved them! The only change I made was by taking the advise of the other reviewers and adding a little bit more flour. I added about 1/4 additional flour. Like I said the cookies were amazing! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!"