Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut Recipe
When our family gathered at my aunt's summer home on Mackinac Island a few years back, she pulled out her tried-and-true recipe and made these wholesome cookies. I think of her and that memorable vacation every time I make these for my own family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:39 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC