When our family gathered at my aunt's summer home on Mackinac Island a few years back, she pulled out her tried-and-true recipe and made these wholesome cookies. I think of her and that memorable vacation every time I make these for my own family.
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Oatmeal Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p28
Reviews for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2011
"These are SO DELICIOUS! I didn't have cornflakes, so I just left them out. I had chopped pecans instead of peanuts. I'll make this recipe again and again!"