Chewy Maple Cookies Recipe
My husband, Bob, and I have a small sugaring operation with Bob's father. I love to put some of our syrup to use in these golden cookies.—Reba Legrand, Jericho, Vermont
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla until well mixed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 186 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Maple Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC