Chewy Maple Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla until well mixed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Maple Cookies(4)
Sort By :
A fall favorite. The cookie is delicious with coconut and I wouldn't dream of changing the recipe.
Delicious cookies. However, I'm very much against using shortening so I used non-hydrogenated margarine or butter and increased the flour to 1 3/4 c.
Worked well. I've made these cookies a few times. We produce our own maple syrup so I like recipes that use it!
I made these cookies for thanksgiving and had high hopes based on the previous review (I also used Oatmeal instead of the coconut) The dough is VERY sticky and the cookies are very soft and moist but I di not care for the texture, they were kinda gummy. They were not a hit and I will not be making these again. :(
I wanted to make these cookies for my son, but we didn't have any coconut so I substituted a cup of quick cooking oats. What a delightful outcome! If you can stand to wait until the next day after baking, you will be rewarded with a heightened maple flavour in these cookies. My cookies didn't come out as flat as the ones in the photo and this recipe made only 2 dozen cookies. That could be due to the scoop I used which was 4 teaspoons in volume. I just love these cookies. The best part for me is that they are not super sweet. Definitely a make-againer!