- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine honey, butter and vanilla; pour over oat mixture and mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Chewy Honey Granola Bars
Sort By :
"My husband won't eat store bought anymore. I switch out Ing. sometimes and add Blueberries or cherries! He takes one to work every day so I like to mix it up. But stick with the basic recipe, Thanks for a great recipe."
"My family loved these will make :)"
"Excellent. I changed the raisins to cranberries and the walnuts to almonds. Next time I think I'll try pistachios. They were gone SO fast. If you have trouble with them being crumbly, just pat them down with a glass bottom the same way you do rice krispie treats before baking them. It worked great!"
"Mine tasted OK, but were more crumbly than chewy; maybe I should have soaked the raisins first."