- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine honey, butter and vanilla; pour over oat mixture and mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Chewy Honey Granola Bars
"Great flavour. Would definitely make again. A good tip: Grease your spoon or your hands if you are using them, when pressing the mix in the pan. It is very sticky and the margarine helps with this."
"My husband won't eat store bought anymore. I switch out Ing. sometimes and add Blueberries or cherries! He takes one to work every day so I like to mix it up. But stick with the basic recipe, Thanks for a great recipe."
"My family loved these will make :)"
"Excellent. I changed the raisins to cranberries and the walnuts to almonds. Next time I think I'll try pistachios. They were gone SO fast. If you have trouble with them being crumbly, just pat them down with a glass bottom the same way you do rice krispie treats before baking them. It worked great!"