Chewy Honey Granola Bars Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine honey, butter and vanilla; pour over oat mixture and mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Chewy Honey Granola Bars
Sort By :
"Loved the flavor and the lower calorie version of granola bars, but mine didn't stay in the bar form very well. I actually ended up putting chunks of the granola in a bowl and poured some almond milk over it and it was super yummy.Also, adaly, you can find puffed wheat in the cereal section of most grocery stores. I just bought a bag for $1 at Walmart and I know Malt-o-Meal makes it in a bagged cereal too. It's usually very inexpensive."
"Puffed wheat rice (a whole grain) is made by arrowhead mills and can be found at Big lots, whole foods, trader joes."
"What is puffed wheat cereal?"