For a satisfying snack that's both soft and crispy, try this recipe. These bars are a tempting, nutritious treat.—Virgina M Krites, Cridersville, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins or semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the honey, vanilla and egg; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cereal and nuts. Add raisins or chocolate chips if desired.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Granola Bars in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p54
Reviews for Chewy Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review