- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies
"The best soft oatmeal cookie recipe ever! I used butterscotch chips. Delicious!"
"My husband enjoys these oatmeal cookies. They are good with raisins or dried cranberries too. I chilled the dough and rolled it into balls"
"These were chewy and perfect! I left out the white chocolate chips and added pecans instead of macadamia's. I have made it 4 times already and everybody thinks they are the best oatmeal I have!"
"These were one of the best cookies I've ever made. I used walnuts and raisins no chocolate chips"
"My family loves these! I used splenda brown sugar."
"I have tried many oatmeal cookie recipes and this is my favorite one! It has a lot of flavor. You can also use raisins in place of the cherries."
"They baked more even when I used my convection oven otherwise they were dark on the bottom and light on top. They tasted great!"