Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Here’s a great oatmeal cookie with all my favorite extras: dried cherries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. —Sandy Harz, Grand Haven, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. /batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC