- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies
"My husband enjoys these oatmeal cookies. They are good with raisins or dried cranberries too. I chilled the dough and rolled it into balls"
"These were chewy and perfect! I left out the white chocolate chips and added pecans instead of macadamia's. I have made it 4 times already and everybody thinks they are the best oatmeal I have!"
"Very good cookie. I used mini choc. chips , will add to my cookie collection"
"These were one of the best cookies I've ever made. I used walnuts and raisins no chocolate chips"
"Excellent recipe. Loved all the extra add ins but will add them to my traditional oatmeal cookie recipe next time. I find I prefer the texture of cookies made with the old fashioned oatmeal rather than the quick cooking oatmeal."
"Reading the reviews really helped me! I don't care for white chocolate, but I had a bag of dark chocolate chips. I had no dried cherries, but I had some fancy mixed raisins. I had no macadamia nuts, but I had chopped walnuts! The cookies were fantastic!"
"My family loves these! I used splenda brown sugar."
"I have tried many oatmeal cookie recipes and this is my favorite one! It has a lot of flavor. You can also use raisins in place of the cherries."
"They baked more even when I used my convection oven otherwise they were dark on the bottom and light on top. They tasted great!"
"These cookies are fabulous and my family could not get enough of them"