Chewy German Chocolate Cookies Recipe
When I want a cookie that's as chewy as a brownie, this is the recipe I reach for. Coffee granules add just the right amount of mocha flavor.
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 55 to 60 pecan halves
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules; cool and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon-colored. Beat in the cooled chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. (dough will be soft). Stir in chopped pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Chewy German Chocolate Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2013
"This was a good cookie but not one of my favorites."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC