Chewy Fudge Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in brown sugar. Add egg whites, corn syrup, water and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, 2/3 cup confectioners' square, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips (dough will be very stiff).
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Sprinkle cooled cookies with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
One serving (2 cookies) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.