- 1-2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup each dried cherries and cranberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, oat flour, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in apricots, cherries, coconut, pecans and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together honey, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and water. Add the honey mixture to the fruit mixture; mix until crumbly. Pat into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- While still warm, cut into bars. Remove bars to a wire rack to cook completely. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container with parchment paper separating layers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chewy Granola Bars in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p22
Reviews for Chewy Fruit Granola Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review