- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the dates, sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until thickened. Stir in nuts; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough into a 1/4-in.-thick rectangle. Spread with half of filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Date Pinwheels
Sort By :
"I made these for Christmas and everyone loved them. The only problem I had with the recipe is that I did not have enough filling for the amount of dough. This may have something to do with the fact that I decreased the sugar by half for the filling. I would make these again but I would make more filling."
"My Compliments to the chef,they are Schrumpjes!!!Thank youAlso I do buy the books regulary at our local foodmart this last X-Mas issue has some great idea's which I am using.Yvonna Both"