Chewy Date Nut Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and brown sugar. Add butter and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Combine dates and walnuts; stir into batter (batter will be stiff).
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen; cool completely before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Date Nut Bars(8)
Sort By :
These are yummy; one of my husband's favorites. Very quick & easy to toss together.
I swapped the yellow cake mix for a spice cake mix ... delicious.
These are dangerously good! I don't want to stop eating them! My whole family loved this recipe, I will be sure to make it again maybe using some of the recommendations.
These were very good. I added 1/2 teasp. each of cinnamon & nutmeg and from the taste of them, I'm glad I did. Otherwise I think they would have been a little bland. Coconut would have been good too. As with most baked goods with fruit in them, they taste better the next day & thereafter.
I have been making this recipe for years because my husband love these bars. I like to add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.
More Recipe Collections
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >