I've been making these for several years as I really enjoy the combination of flavors and the relative ease of preparations. They're not only great for the holidays, but year round if you have cranberries in your freezer. —Virginia Anthony, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, milk, orange peel, vanilla and remaining flour and sugar. Fold in the cranberries, coconut and remaining pecans. Spread over warm crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p70
Reviews for Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review