Chewy Coconut Macaroons
These chewy cookies are my husband's favorites, so he requests them often. I like to make the macaroons on cold winter days and keep them in an airtight bowl on the kitchen counter. They never last long!—Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a bowl, toss the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in milk and extract
- until blended (mixture will be thick and sticky).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or just until golden
- brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 32 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: One cookie equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.