Chewy Cinnamon Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 150 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Chewy Cinnamon Bars
"My granddaughter, who loves cinnamon, made these with a little help from me. We all agreed they are rich and delicious."