Chewy Cinnamon Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 150 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Cinnamon Bars
"My granddaughter, who loves cinnamon, made these with a little help from me. We all agreed they are rich and delicious."