Chewy Cinnamon Bars Recipe
The cinnamon flavor's BIG in these bars. I bake them during the holidays to give as gifts to my daughters' teachers.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Cinnamon Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC